Goal Trackers

Saturday, August 14, 2010

If at First You Don't Succeed....

Skydiving is probably not for you! :)

Sorry I haven't been around for a while. Things have been a bit, I don't know, up and down, since I got back from my trip. Let's just say some things came to light and I'm tired of being sucker-punched. Sometimes it just doesn't always pay to believe that someone is who you want them to be and that simply listening to others came bring so much to light that I just can't ignore it anymore. Enough said on that, time to move on.

When I got back from my trip I needed to bring my car in for its 60,000 mile check-up. Of course it couldn't be that simple! What was suppose to a simple check up turned into an $1,100 bill. That was a Saturday. It should have stopped there, but nooooooooooooooooooo. Sunday my washing machine decided to visit the Golden Parts in the sky. So, Sunday afternoon I had to go washing machine shopping and dropped another $500. Talk about an expensive weekend! At this point I was just waiting for strike three. Needless to say, I didn't have to wait long! I got home from shopping to find that Frisco's automatic litter box quit too! Well, I guess I should be happy that as the incidents increased the replacements costs decreased!!

July was rather boring. I worked summer school for the whole month. I had 2 days off the whole time - 1st day was when my new washing machine was delivered and the 2nd was the day we had such a bad thunderstorm that it knocked out more of the power across the county that I work in and schools were closed! Nothing like an unexpected day off :)

I decided I needed a little help with my weight loss, so I joined Weight Watchers. What's really good is that my friend Ellen joined with me. We are going to Monday night meetings. I also joined the gym, Fitness First. The best part of joining that particular gym, is that I have a workout buddy and we are planning to go everyday after work. I have a long road ahead of me, but I have a buddy to keep me straight for both components that are necessary for a steady, healthy weight loss change of life! Here's to becoming a lean, mean, fighting machine. *I know, dorkiness at its best*

I am happy to say that despite my little funk, I have been knitting! I've managed to finished four more shawls and I'm working on my 8th toward the goal of 10 shawls in 2010!! I also test knitted a pair of fingerless gloves for the Vampire Sock Club that I am in and I finally managed to finish the granny square blanket that I wrote of in my last post. I should have put the blanket on hold till it got colder out because I surely thought I was going to melt with all that on my lap!!

1st up: Citron Shawl
Talisman of Love

I added the beaded bindoff to give the edging a little weight so that it wouldn't curl up so much.

Beaded Bind-Off

2nd is the Traveling Woman:

Misfit's Cape (Traveling Woman)

3rd is the Oscilliscope Shawl. I think Frisco is trying to claim this one as his new blankie!

Osciloscope Shawl - 2

4th is the 198yds of Heaven shawl:

Boody Heaven

Oh! And I finally got around to finished the Boneyard shawl that I started way back in January!!

Boneyard Shawl

I'm currently working on the Herbivore shawl and should be binding that one off soon. Plus, I've started a baby blanket for my cousin who is due sometime in January, but I have a feeling the baby shower will be sometime in November, before the holiday season gets started. I choose the new pattern called: Lullaby Blanket.

I will try to post more regularly :)

4 comments:

Retired Knitter said...

I just discovered your blog. Great work. I started my own in July. Sort of a coping mechanism for handling my life right now. At some point I hope to add some pictures of my knitting.

Beautiful, beautiful work. I have been in a knitting funk and haven't finished what I thought I would this year. You are inspiring. I have also been missing Saturday knitting, and it looks like that may be a pattern. Nuts!

Hope to see you soon.

Retired Knitter (Elaine)
mynext20yearsofliving.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow, what lovely shawls!

Thank you for the update:-)

-2Knitor2Crochet

ellen said...

Glad to have you back to the blogging world. Those are some gorgeous shawls you got there! I HAVE to learn how to download photos.

Glad to have you doing WW with me. always easier when not doing it alone!

Yarny Days said...

Oh my word. All of them are so beautiful! I love your Citron.